Medication Certification One Initial
The class is designed to teach Developmental Disabilities personnel how to safely administer prescribed medication and topical OTC for musculoskeletal comfort medications and perform the 13 health-related activities (HRAs) specified by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities.
Medication Certification One Renewal
Medication Certification Two
This course is designed to provide DD personnel the educational foundation to receive and understand nursing delegation for feeding and medication administration per Stable Labeled Gastrostomy/Jejunostomy (G/J) tubes, including understanding the equipment and procedure for feeding and medication administration per (G/J) tube, the placement of G/J tubes, site care, and maintenance of these tubes. All students taking this course must have a valid Medication Certification One certificate.
Medication Certification Two Renewal
Medication Certification Three
Licensed nurses may delegate the administration of subcutaneous insulin to trained and certified Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD) personnel in specified DD residential environments. The Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities has developed an instruction manual for training unlicensed DD personnel in the care and treatment of individuals with diabetes mellitus, including the administration of subcutaneous insulin and commercially packaged Glucagon. Any student enrolled in this training must have a valid Medication Certification One certificate.
Medication Certification Three Renewal
Medina Nursing Services LLC is dedicated to career advancement and improving professional lives. Through enrolling in our training programs, you are providing yourself with the tools, assets, and expertise that help accomplish a secure career path in health care. We don’t just want you to survive the real world; we want you to thrive in it. Education is part of our business, and competent healthcare providers are our products.
Our Nurse Educators are certified by the Department of Developmental Disabilities to teach Medication certifications 1, 2, and 3.
ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS: PREREQUISITES
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Hold a valid High School Diploma or General Education Development Certification
- Be able to read, write, and understand English at a level sufficient to comply with all requirements set forth in administrative rules governing the services provided.
- Been subject to background check completed in accordance with OAC 5123:2-2-02
- Submitted a completed approved course application prior to the start of class.
Any student with special needs or who has a disability, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or the guidelines for section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, can contact me prior to the start of class using the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Choose Medina Nursing Services LLC
- Our Nurse Educators are specialists in their fields
- Competitive fees
- Flexible hours and scheduling for training
- We want to be a part of your success
- After the completion of any of our training courses, we will provide ongoing support
Register for class by calling our nursing department at 513-538-3724 Ext 2.